Atlas Concrete Ltd designs and manufactures modular precast lift shaft units, including lift shaft pits, mechanical housings, and capping lids for easy on-site installation. Various sections of the lift shaft system are simply installed one on top the other on pre-prepared foundations. Door openings and cast-in inserts and channels can be accommodated within the manufacturing process, to meet lift manufacturers’ requirements.
Benefits of Precast Concrete Lift Shafts
- Quick and easy to install
- Flexible, bespoke modular design
- Offsite construction minimizes disruption on-site
- Minimal on-site labor and costs
- Minimal on-site health and safety risks
- Cast-in fittings provided for lift installation
- Factory-fitted and tested lifting beam/sockets, if required
- Minimum one-hour fire resistance
- Temporary works or propping is minimized or eliminated
- Can replace block work or act as shear walls
We provide a comprehensive in-house design service that includes the supply of general arrangement drawings for approval.
We can offer supply only or supply and fix service with our excellent installation specialists throughout the UK.
Our customers include main contractors, steel fabricators, concrete frame specialists, civil engineering companies and builders’ merchants. They value the environmental, financial, and time-saving advantages they gain from commissioning modular concrete lift shafts that are designed and manufactured by industry experts.